Wednesday, September 11, 2013

味のこだわり Japanese Snack - Aji no kodawari, snack review


After  discovering about those 好きです 北海の味 I discovered, there are other kinds of snacks from the same company (Denroku). These are just as good, so I was very happy, but at the same time, I had to cringe at the price ($7.99/14 packets). They are expensive but they are Made in Japan and they are very high quality. Den Ruku makes really good snacks!

The website introduces them as
"小魚、えび、いかなど潮の香りがいっぱいつまった8種類のおいしさです。"
(literal translation: fully jam-packed with 8 different flavours which composes of small fish, shrimp, squid)

If the other ones I tried were king, these are queen! Actually, they are both good, just that I have already given the "king" title to those already.

Similarly to the other snack, I do not know how they manage to fit 8 different types of "munchies", each with their own distinct flavours  into a packet and each munchy is able to preserve it's flavour without affecting the others. It is truly amazing!

back of package

I do not know why they had only introduced 2 products on the back when there are really 8. It was such a great experience tasting these because each was so distinctive in their own flavour, I never knew what to expect when I put one in my mouth. Here's some I tried Rice "Krispys", shrimp sticks, (when you look at the packaging, there are some with "white" tops, those white tops are actually wasabi! Some are coated in seaweed and others are filled with peanuts.

contents of a random pack


These were very crunchy, except for the fish. The fish was hard... my teeth almost gave in! I think there was too much "syrup" or sugar there.

I hope T & T puts mores of these munchies on their shelves so I can try more! These are definitely worth exploring!


website: http://www.denroku.co.jp/cgi-bin/products/productsdetails.cgi?category=mame&code=0008

1 comment:

LinkWithin