Thursday, September 12, 2013

T&T's Strawberry Dorayaki Pancakes review



Dorayaki is a red bean pancake which consists of two small sweet pancakes sandwiching a sweet red bean paste.

The image of the box attracted me to making the purchase of these Strawberry Dorayaki Pancakes. A word of caution, the image was heavily photoshopped and looks hardly like the real thing. I am quite disappointed at this purchase (it was also quite pricey).

Like the original Dorayaki Pancakes, these were filled with a red bean paste. They are called strawberry because they have a strawberry cream filling.

The filling was the only thing I was impressed with since it tasted like "real " strawberry instead of those overly artifically strawberry flavoured creams. The red beans were hard and the pancake didn't taste fresh. It also cost quite a lot for only 2. The packaging made it look like there were 4, don't be fooled by the packaging.

I think T&T needs to work harder to make the pancake stay "fresh" and they need to enhance the flavour of the red bean paste. As I said earlier, I was only impressed with the strawberry cream filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin