Monday, September 9, 2013

McDonald's Angus swiss and mushroom burger review

Angus Swiss and Mushroom Burger

For those who are unfamiliar with Fast Food Chain burger classifications, "Angus Burger" represents a "premium" version of burgers. Most fast food chains in North America offer Angus Burgers which are supposingly better quality and better taste than their regular burgers.


On McDonald's Official website, The Angus Swiss and Mushroom Burger was marketed with the following features:

  • thick and juicy third-pound (100% Angus beef patty)
  • Special seasoning
  • premium bakery style bun
  • Swiss cheese
  • Savory Sautéed mushrooms


Unfortunately, after eating this burger, I do not think they have delivered what they promised, the bun and Swiss seemed to be the only thing they were able to deliver from that list, these were the thought I had after:

  • burger is too dry, there was hardly any sauce
  • too much mayo, yet it wasn't able to moist the burger
  • bun was well made and very fresh
  • mushrooms were very dry and wasn't seasoned (they were fresh, they just were too dry from cooking)
  • Swiss cheese taste wasn't obvious, it was also on the dry side.


While eating this burger, I was very frustrated, the dryness of the burger made the burger very "fragile", it was literally falling apart, crumbs of dry meat kept falling and bouncing everywhere after every bite (for your info, I am not a messy eater). The amount of mayo made it difficult to eat as well, almost after every bite I felt some mayo on my lips or cheeks, I think you can imagine the scenario I was in: after one bite, I would have to "clean" my face of mayo then clean the table of meat crumbs.



provided a paper sleeve to hold the buger
I really appreciated how they provided a paper sleeve for you to hold the burger in, I thought it was very considerate and hygienic.

I seriously hope McDonald's can improve on their burger, I have a few suggestions for them:

  1. Have a "main" sauce: gravy, black pepper sauce, etc. so this can moist the burger, this will also add flavouring and moisture to the mushrooms.
  2. Ease up on the mayo, the mayo didn't make the burger taste better, it just made the burger messier to eat


McDonald's has always tried to improve themselves. They have the money, resources and people to improve this burger. I have high hopes they will take the initiative to improve this burger, so I look forward to their improved "Angus Third-Pounder" burger. But in the meantime, I think I will stick to their classic burgers.

Official website: http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/product_nutrition.sandwiches.113.angus-mushroom-swiss.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin