Monday, September 16, 2013

Korean ice cream waffle review

While shopping at a local Korean Grocery store, I came across this, I do not know Korean, so for anyone who is Korean or knows Korean, please kindly tell me in the comments the "literal" translation. I have had a lot of ice cream sandwiches in the past, but never an ice cream waffle. It was a hot day and the packaging was tempting, so I bought myself a pack. 


I was a bit worried I wasn't able to finish one whole "bar" since it looked so big... they made it quite convenient for you to separate it into 2 pieces.

This Ice Cream Waffle is what you would expect it to be, a waffle filled with ice cream. But there is more, it is layered, so right beneath the "waffle" layer there are "chocolate beads", and the chocolate beads over the ice cream.



I think this is a great idea, however, I think they will need to improve on the taste of this treat. The waffle layer tastes very dry and "empty", there is not much substance or flavour to it. the chocolate was a great idea, but in order to make it "taste" like chocolate, they need to 1. sweeten it 2. add more cocoa, the chocolate dots/bits they have hardly have much taste to it, the chocolate wasn't able to melt much either because the treat was so cold, so I was chewing on flavourless chewy cold chocolate. Finally, the third layer, the ice cream, like the other 2 layers, there is not much flavour either.

One positive thing is, it doesn't make you feel guilty even after you have finished the whole bar, since it is not flavourful.

I would rate this 2.4/5 because of the lack of flavouring, however, I think this is a great idea, and they were on the right track preserving the texture of the waffle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin