Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Mary Kay' s oil-free hydrating gel review

Mary Kay's oil-free hydrating gel review
Mary Kay's Oil-free Hydrating gel
Price: $25-30 USD
Quantity: 1.8 oz

I have never been a big fan of Mary Kay products (will do reviews on those products later) as they are not "compatible" with my skin. When used more than once a week, I find that my skin's condition worsens, with acne, bumps and oiliness.

This Mary Kay product was one of the first products I was introduced to and I could say that out of all the products I used, it helped my skin compared to the others.

How to use this product:

  • apply it after your emulsion or moisturizer
  • it is the final step of skin care (best applied at night)
What Mary Kay claims:

This nongreasy gel absorbs quickly, leaving skin feeling cool and refreshed while hydrating it for up to 10 hours.
  • Clinically tested for skin irritancy and allergy.
  • Suitable for sensitive skin.
  • Oil- and fragrance-free.
  • Non-comedognic (will not clog pores).
  • Hypoallergenic.
Mary Kay' s oil-free hydrating gel review
consistency and product (I lost the spoon)


impressions:

  • nice soft scent (lotion type of scent)
  • absorbed slowly
  • not watery (thick consistency)
  • need quite a lot of product
  • leaves hands/fingers feeling sticky
  • a bit pricey
I find this product quite pricey. I like the soft scent it leaves and matte look I get after applying this gel. Surprisingly, unlike most gels, this gel is quite "firm" it does not drip at all making it easier to smooth onto your skin. Unfortunately, the benefits they "provide" only last up to 3 hours.

pros:
  • smells nice
  • does not leave face shiny
  • skin absorbs
  • includes scoop making it much more hygienic

cons:

  • does not quench/hydrate skin
  • not strong (suitable for humid climates, read: not suitable for places like Toronto)
  • leaves fingers feeling sticky
  • Pricey
Verdict:

I find this product quite pricey, and it is definitely not worth it. While it does work with your moisturizer to provide additional protection and a bit of moisturizing, it does not do "enough". The effects only last for 3 hours (not the 10 hours they claim) and your skin will feel dry again. 

Unless the price is significantly lowered, I do not think I will be purchasing this product again. I prefer Skin79's Sue Hydrating Gel much more (in regards to price/quality/quantity)

Score: 6/10

3 comments:

  1. Mary-Kay skin products are overrated... you are better off with a deparmentstore brand. I like their cosmetics though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with you :( I like their cosmetics as well... but they are way overpriced...

      Delete
  2. Nk letgo ofhg bru pkai smngu ...
    Lau nk blh pm sy 0199570313

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin