Thursday, July 23, 2015

Stroopwafels Caramel waffles review

Stroopwafels from Netherlands

One of my cousins went to Europe and when she was in Netherlands, she picked these caramel waffles in the airport and gave them to me as a souvenir! 

ingredients and nutrition info

Impressions
  • Felt like it was sweet but not much sweetness
  • Not crispy tasted very soft
  • strong caramel taste
  • very bland on the outside
  • caramel layer is too sweet
  • didn't expect the waffle to be so soft
  • extremely filling



packaging
I expected the wafels to be much more crispy, but they are too soft, it actually kind of feels like taking a bite out of a honeycomb type of soft.

Before eating this, I was slightly scared it would be too sweet... but it wasn't... in fact, it was not sweet enough, it is a bit too bland for my taste.

However if you half the Stroopwafel and just eat the insides, the caramel is too sweet. I don't understand why they took so much effort to mask the sweetness.


big serving

how it looks when you half it
Despite all this, this is sort of addictive, something about the softness of the Stroopwafels makes your teeth have the urge to bite into it. I liked that it is virtually impossible to overeat this snack as it can be quite filling. One was more than enough for me to be full.

score: 6.5/10
website: no website

6 comments:

  1. I had these before, don't know if I liked them or not...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I had something similar to this too before too but I don't remember much of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is their special item!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I think it is their go-to-souvenir product :)... but I didn't really like it :(

      Delete

LinkWithin