Thursday, November 28, 2013

Comparing Browsers:Google Chrome Vs. Mozilla Firefox

image source: http://mashable.com/2009/09/21/web-browser-faceoff/

I was debating whether this should go in my personal blog or my reviews blog... in the end, I chose the reviews blog... so here it is:

I think they are both really great browsers, but lately, I have discovered that using Chrome seems to have more user-friendly advantages over Mozilla Firefox, here are the advantages I have observed:

Advantages of using Google Chrome:
- fast
- directly type search items in address bar to search in Google
- when zooming in and out, I know what is the percentage of the view I am viewing (e.g. zoom 110%, 150%, 80% of original view)
- incognito window (for private browsing, won't save history, cookies, etc)
- open image in new tab option (very useful)
- automatically asks to translate a page for you when it is in a different language other specified in your browser)
- Chrome's autofill is so convenient when it comes to filling long forms (while you need to click on each field in Firefox, Chrome allows you to autofill with one click)

Advantages of using Mozilla Firefox:
- plugin/extensions to view live CSS/html changes (Chrome has a similar feature, but Firefox's extensions have more options and easier to use)
- extremely stable
- lots of extensions and plugins (lots of customization options)


both are great, really (they are both the most used browsers) I use both of them, if a webpage did not work in one, I would use the other browser to view that web page. But in terms of usability and user experience, I would choose Google Chrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin