Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Annie's Mac and Cheese review

packaging
I have written a review on their other product, Annie's Shells with Real Aged Cheddar, I will try not to compare these two products, but give you my thoughts on this product individually.

I have always been a fan of Mac and Cheese foods, so when I found these Mac and Cheese in Costco, I was very excited. I haven't liked Kraft's Mac and Cheese as I always had trouble with their cheese sauce. I had high hopes for this cheese sauce.


back

After reading the ingredients (I guess that's usually one of the most important things, especially with dried foods) I was very happy that they were very natural ingredients (they even claimed they were organic... double points!).

The instructions were very simple: boil water, put in pasta, after a few minutes drain pasta and make sauce using milk/butter then put in pasta. I think anyone who can boil water and measure with a measuring cup can cook this.

result
The results were ... a little bit off from the picture shown on the box. The box's Mac and Cheese was much creamier. I was also a bit disappointed as I could hardly smell any cheese flavour (I expected a much stronger smell). The taste was "ok", the cheese flavour wasn't strong. Luckily, the sauce was enough to coat the macaroni. 


Summary:

  • easy to make
  • great natural/organic ingredients
  • not a very strong cheese taste
  • creamy
I would give this box of Mac and Cheese a 7.5/10.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin