Monday, November 4, 2013

Refresh Plus Preservative-Free - Lubricant Eye Drops (by Allergan) review

photo credits: http://www.medichest.com/


As Winter turns its ugly head, our lovely humidity is replaced with dryness. My skin is so dry, I think it will start flaking soon (eww). What is worse, my eyes have started to feel the dryness... they start to become red and if I didn't blink enough (twice of when I usually... blink?) I start to experience patches of blurriness.. (yes, it is THAT bad).

I was shopping at Walmart and came across Refresh Plus - Lubricant Eye Drops. I have always used Tears Naturelle.

Summary:

  • expensive
  • easy on sensitive eyes
  • small quantity  per container
  • hard to tear cap off
  • hard to put cap on
  • hard to squeeze drops out (container is too hard)


It's my second year using eye drops, I am not sure if North America is getting drier or if my eyes are getting worse. I found these at Wal-mart and decided to give these drops a try.

My eyes are very SENSITIVE (notice the caps), I was immediately drawn the word "SENSITIVE" when I found these. Refresh has had a good reputation for eye drops (if you know about eye drops, the company Allergen owns Refresh).



One thing I like about these drops (similar to Tears Naturale Free) is that they are in individual vials, you should not keep them for more than 24 hours (as they do not contain preservatives, once opened, they can get contaminated).

Our eyes are very important to us, we wouldn't want to put chemicals and preservatives in them, so these are ideal for our eyes. They do cost more than other eye drops, but in the long run, they will keep our eyes healthier.

The liquid was quite "thick" but to my surprise, it didn't "hurt" my sensitive eyes. However, despite being so thick, I had to insert drops a few times before they could moisturize my eyes.

These do cure your dryness but you need more, unfortunately, they do not contain a lot of eye drops in each vial, so you might end up using 2-3 vials per day.

I did not like the vials, they were poorly made, it wasn't practical to use hard plastic to make the container,it made it so tough to squeeze the liquid out. And, because the plastic was so hard it was very tough to rip the cap off. I was very frustrated putting the cap on and off.

These are more expensive than Tears Naturale Free and each vial does not last as long. It will be less likely I will be purchasing this product again (unless if they improve).


website: http://www.allergan.com/products/eye_care/refresh_plus.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin