Thursday, November 14, 2013

Joey's at Eaton Centre restaurant review

photo credits: www.torontoeatoncentre.com 
I have heard countless reviews about this restaurant, at Places at Don Mills. People like to come here to celebrate birthdays, reunions or simply just to come here to drink and chillax. A few months ago I ran into their other restaurant at Eaton Centre, decided to give this place a try.

Before I go into my review about this place, here's a little checklist as to what I think:
  • great atmosphere
  • service is ok (I'll talk more about it in my review below)
  • food is good
  • quite pricey

menu
I was quite disappointed in their lack of selection in their menu. 


service: some waitresses were very friendly while others were... trying to be friendly. I find the setting very odd, I can tell they were trying very hard to make this place a very friendly, casual environment, but it seemed to be very forced.
lobster sandwich

the first thing which came was the lobster sandwich. This was very delicious but also was a very small portion. I was shocked when the waitress/server settled it on our table. I thought the wrong food item came because it was so small... looked like a starter more than an entree. I have to comment it was really good and tasty, the fries were also good... but... seriously... too expensive.



Florentine ravioli

The Florentine Ravioli was served with seared scallops and prosciutto. The Ravioli's were filled with Artichokes and spinach with a tomato salad. This dish was a bit bigger and it was also very tasty. Good thing we have ordered this or we would probably be starving.

Service was quite bad, as I mentioned earlier, they "tried" to be friendly, food took a really long time to come too. So we were absolutely starving.

I do not think I would be visiting this place very often, and I realized that I must do my research before deciding what to order. I wished they also had a better selection as well. I do not understand how they can make Sushi, Ravioli, and steak in the same place and be good at each one (thus this was why I choose these 2 dishes). I would also much appreciate it if their waitresses were more sincere as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin