Thursday, October 17, 2013

Skin79 Seaweed Cooling Mask review


I was waiting very impatiently for this to come in the mail. I am just so grateful for this mask. In Fact, I think I like everything that Skin79 makes (so far). 

It's tagline is a "Home Self Spa Mask", I have actually never been to a spa before, so I don't know what my skin should feel like after a spa treatment... but, if my skin can feel THIS good, I am definitely up for visiting a spa one day.

According to it's website it claims this mask is a

COOLING MASK THAT PROVIDES COOL, FRESH MOISTURE. The abundant moisturizing properties of this overnight cooling mask that can e felt the moment it touches the skin has excellent calming properties that quickly renews tired skin.

This is a very versatile mask, it can be a 10-15 min mask or a sleeping mask. 2 masks in one! It also works for all skin types. Isn't that cool (pun intended)?

photo source: http://www.skin79northamerica.com


The colour of the container was very attractive... who can resist this blue? But the gel is just clear, no colour to it. I also am impressed by how they also provided a "spoon" so you can scoop up the contents without contaminating the mask.

please excuse the messy background 


This is how Skin79 describes this mask:

This moisture supplying mask full of as cool moisture as it was dipped from the ocean, is fit for those who have brittle, sensitive and thin skin. With Fucus vesiculous extract containing minerals and Allantoin in addition to Aloe extract, which is prominent in skin soothing effect, this gel type content promptly has soothing and moisturizing effect on skin as well as maintains the skin healthy by providing freshness and sufficient moisture.
Product is recommended for dry and sensitive skin types.

How to Use:
After cleansing and apply a thick layer of mask to the skin avoiding eye and lip area.
Rinse thoroughly after 10-15 minutes with lukewarm water.
Pack Size - 75ml

I fell in love with this mask at first use. The scent wasn't strong but it certainly reminds me of the smell of the ocean (don't know why). I guess my skin was exhausted due to recent weather changes, so when I applied this mask, I could feel my skin relax a bit. My skin felt a cool sensation later (not a minty kind of cool, more like ocean wind blowing in your face kind of cool).

I am obsessed with the packaging


First things I realized when I washed off the mask was that my skin was smooth... my skin wasn't moisturized  but it was very very smooth... like every mask we remove and wash off, I had to apply toner, moisturizer. I think the skin on my face was relaxed.

pros:
  • smell
  • effective - my skin felt so smooth
  • attractive packaging
  • reasonable price
  • easy to wash off
  • cools my face (which is what it should be doing)
cons:
  • does not moisturize too well, (it does a great job "cooling" my skin though)

check out my reviews on other Skin79 Masks by clicking here!


3 comments:

  1. I think it is meant to cool than moisturize, I think this is a wonderful mask

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's terrible, if it can't moisturize... no good...

    - Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Laneige's Sleeping Mask... the best... try it! ;)

    - Sue

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin