Thursday, October 10, 2013

Remy's at Yorkville review

Fusilli Con Pollo
Located on Yorkville avenue, in the District of Yorkville, Remy's is one of the few restaurants that would stand out. It has a rooftop patio, one of the largest patios in Yorkville (as it claims). Sometimes when I pass by this place, I catch waves of their food scent inviting me to go in. I was intrigued by their great smells.

The menu was very simple, yet there was a good enough selection/variety. Everything looked really good, the prices were a bit pricey but given it is located in the heart of Yorkville, I consider it quite reasonable.

Remy's menu

I would like to comment how bad the service was, I have been warned but I was a bit skeptical. I figured that people in Yorkville probably demanded too much, these were my thought till the server came to our table to serve us. It was very hard to get her attention and to order food. When we asked to get more water, she gave us dirty looks. We waited for almost 20 minutes (and had to remind her kindly 2 times that we wanted water) before we could get our water.

Prices:
Fusilli Con Pollo Chicken breast, mushroom, peppers, sundried tomato cream sauce 14.50
Mussels in a thick creamy mustard sauce with garlic bread and 12.50

These were the two items we ordered.

mussels with garlic bread in a thick mustard sauce
First, I really want to comment on how good their mussels dish was, I would have never associated mustard with mussels, but it was very tasty. I highly HIGHLY recommend this dish (I am not sure if it is a seasonal dish though).

To be honest, the Fusilli Con Pollo Chicken was ok, the sundried tomato cream sauce was very tasty. But, after trying the mussels, we were expecting something as tasty.

I am not sure if I will come back to this place, maybe for the mussels? but definitely they need to "train" their servers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin