Tuesday, December 7, 2021

McCafe's Peppermint Mocha short review

McDonald's Peppermint Mocha in their holiday cup


I'm so sorry it took this long to write about this Peppermint Mocha... I was planning to and then I got distracted by the holiday season (with Black Friday, Cyber Monday sales, and such 😞) That being said, as I'm writing, I checked McD's website, and thank goodness, it is still available! (apologies in advance for any grammatic, typos, spelling mistakes, I'm rushing through this short review to make sure it is published before this drink disappears from their menu)

McDonald's Peppermint Mocha with peppermint bits

Firstly, for those who don't know what is a mocha, it is a blend of coffee and chocolate. (You will either like it or hate it)... in my case, I prefer hot chocolate to mocha. (but this is irrelevant... haha).

This is McD's description of the drink:

A cozy peppermint mocha made with espresso beans that are sustainably sourced from Rainforest Alliance Certified™ farms, steamed whole or nonfat milk, peppermint chocolate syrup, and topped with whipped topping and chocolate drizzle. The perfect holiday drink for warming up to chilly weather, with rich chocolatey and refreshing mint flavor.

impressions:

  • minty (but not overpowering) 
  • mintiness made drink seem sweeter than it really is (a good thing)
  • addicting
  • good chocolate/coffee ratio (but I still wish it was either or)
  • didn't contain a lot of sugar yet sweet (pro for most of us)
  • creamy, the whipped cream was already blended with the drink by the time I got home

I liked this drink! It is my first Peppermint Mocha, but it will certainly not be my last. I loved how the mintiness gave a false sweeter-than-it-really-is taste, and the peppermint really made me enjoy this mocha more than I thought I would. The coolness gave the drink some depth (it was hot) so I could feel the different levels of taste.

score: 8.4/10
website: https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/product/mccaf-peppermint-mocha-small.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin