Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Heijin Black Gold Rice Cracker (黑金鍋巴) review

黑金鍋巴

I wanted to try was this crab roe and salted egg flavour because I love both! After doing some research, I discovered that this is/was trending on the Chinese internet. 

黑金鍋巴 details

These "crackers" are actually overcooked rice that becomes crispy and forms at the bottom of traditional Chinese rice clay pots. These are cheap and healthy snacks that the Chinese enjoy. 

I love scraping the Chinese rice pots whenever we make clay pot rice dishes so I was very very excited to try this!

individually packaged

 impressions:

  • why are these sweet? 
  • no crab roe taste, salted egg is barely there
  • rice cracker has a nice crispiness
  • why are the rice crisps black
  • individually packed to maintain crispiness
I enjoyed the crispy rice/cracker taste but was confused as to why salted egg and crab roe end up being sweet. I didn't like the sweet taste, I felt it ruined the taste. I will be looking for other flavours and hopefully, they will taste better. 

I have a love-hate relationship with the individual packages because the quantity is compromised (there were only 6 of these crackers inside) and it is not environmentally friendly. However, I understand that they are there for convenience (these crackers can get very crummy and messy) and to preserve their crispiness. 

score: 7.5/10
website: no website

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin