Tuesday, December 28, 2021

1 Day Acuvue define vivid style contact lenses review

packaging of 1 Day Acuvue Define Vivid tyle

I can't believe I didn't post this! I thought I did... but turns out it took this long to realize I haven't. This was written on September 3rd, 2014, and has been lightly edited for clarification and new findings. I also apologize for the lack of quality in pictures because I took these pictures with my Sony Experia phone.

(2014) I have been always intrigued and flirted with the thought of using contact lenses. These are the first coloured contacts I have used and I have loved them ever since, this is not to say I don't have anything to complain about, but they do keep my eyes on the happier side. 

I decided to use Acuvue because they are a bigger contact lenses brand (more trustworthy) and my first pair of contacts were Acuvue (Acuvue Oasis). I have had a great experience using their products (base curves, material, etc) and since most people have complained about coloured contacts (giving them terrible irritations, infections, etc) I wanted to go with a brand I could trust. 

the look and my experiences

I also prefer these because of the subtle look (work-friendly). I like how they slightly enhance your eyes. So if you are going for a drastic look, these will not be right for you. A close friend was hanging out with me the other day, (while I was wearing these contacts) and she kept staring at my eyes and she said she couldn't pinpoint what it was, but I looked "artificial" to her πŸ˜‚ when I told her she did her "ah-ha", she thought my expressions were a little off (because the contacts didn't allow my eyes to be as "expressive" as I usually am and my iris looked slight... stranger (this friend is in ophthalmology, so she might have more experiences with iris shapes and sizes)

what do these contact lenses look like in their packaging

(2021) I've been in Tokyo for too long and the pandemic has made me slightly confused as to which colour lenses are trending. Throughout the years, I have had the chance to use other colour contacts (Japanese types) and all have given me positive experiences. (If I get the chance, I might do a review on them later). I have to emphasize that I have only chosen brands I could trust.

I have been using these Acuvue contacts for over 7 years and here are my impressions.

impressions:

  • they move around quite a bit (I wish they had more base curves to choose from)
  • there is no indication of the proper side (e.g. 123) - more on this below
  • they are very thin and comfortable (once they have settled in your eyes)
  • they provide a very nice enhancement (this is good if you are into the subtle look)
  • if you turn your head too quickly, though, the edge of the coloured contacts might interfere with your vision (nothing serious, just a slight blurry edge)
  • these lenses dry up easier than non-coloured contacts, I usually start feeling dryness at 10-12 hours of wearing them, but this can be fixed with adding a few eyedrops into your eyes)
putting them on
one of the things that annoyed me the most is that there is no indication of whether your contact lenses are inside out or not. They say it looks like a bowl, but because of the thinness of the material, sometimes it is not as obvious. I also didn't like how (because of the thinness) the lenses cupped too much water making it difficult for the already shallow lenses to put on.

The other indication they provide is the "wrong" side will feel very slippery and move (it won't affect the way you see but you will feel very uncomfortable).  AND! I wanted to emphasize that since the material is so thin, there is a huge chance that the contact lenses got flipped before you touch the contact lenses, so you really have to eyeball it and guess whether it is the right way or not.

you can subtlety see how one eye (the right side) has the contact lenses on

2021 me thinks this picture might not be as obvious.

So here is an updated one:




you can see clearly how my eye on the right is a bit magnified and bigger because the iris is slightly enhanced. Also, notice that different lighting will make the contacts slightly more obvious than others.
both eyes with Vvid Style contact lenses

keep in mind if you are matching makeup with these contact lenses, you need only use warm colours (e.g. gold, purple, red, etc)... I tried using cold colours to match these contact lenses and they turned out terribly.

contact lenses

Please note that all coloured contacts dry up easily (compared to regular contact lenses), this is one of the better coloured contacts I have used (I have used others that dry up quicker, 5-6 hours of use) but they still dry up easier than regular contacts, it would be wise to bring along some eye drops because you will most likely need them. 

score: 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin