Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Cafe Bon Shinjuku (自家焙煎珈琲 凡) review


One of my ex-colleagues introduced this place to me and it has quickly become one of my favourite go-to cafes in Tokyo. 

The concept behind this cafe is the owner of the shop will choose a cup that matches what you are wearing or your personality. Every cup is different as he has traveled the world collecting teacups, so there is a story behind every cup. 







I love the ambiance of this cafe, it is perfect to go to on a cold or hot afternoon (it is both cozy and cooling). The place reminds me of the tea party from Alice in Wonderland. (I couldn't take pictures but managed to do an instagram story. (see youtube link or access below)


The tea/coffees are a bit on the pricey side (approximately ¥1500-2000 per cup). But you can stay as long as you want. On weekdays when the cafe is not busy, you can chat with the owner and learn about his adventures.


score: 8.9/10
website: https://cafebon.crayonsite.net/
address: 3 Chome-23-1 Shinjuku, Shinjuku City, Tokyo 160-0022, Japan
自家焙煎珈琲 凡

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin