Thursday, March 28, 2019

Kate Tokyo CC (Color Control) Lip Cream review

packaging
This is a popular item in Japan... well... in Tokyo at least, you can find it at almost any drug store and possibly some convenient stores (since I haven't seen them in ALL convenient stores, it would be safe to buy this from a drug store).

Be warned this will be a slightly picture heavy post.

Kate Tokyo sign

There are usually Kate sales around... so be sure to look for them if you are looking for Kate products.


how the product looks


The name is quite misleading, and at first, I was also misled. I thought it was similar to a CC Cream (for your face... you know... similar to BB creams?) BUT it isn't!... the CC stands for Color Control. 

I hate when my camera just won't focus!!!!! >:(

What this is: a colour control lip cream that helps prepare your lips for whatever colour you choose, in this case, it is pink. 



When I put on this Mode Pink CC lip cream before I apply a pink tone lipstick, it is supposed to help enhance the pinkness of the lipstick. 


There are a whole bunch of instructions... but this is what it is really used for.



This part talks about its features: it is long lasting, used as a base, moisturizes your lips, UV protection.

impressions:

  • it is obviously there, felt like a lip balm
  • a little sticky (but not as much as lip gloss)
  • no sunscreen taste
  • not particularly longlasting

you can see the pinkness on my hand

you can see it clearly on the kleenex

you can see it on my lips
some of my friends use this product as a lip balm because it moisturizes, has some sunblock/sunscreen.

score: 8/10

also... please check out my personal blog and follow me around Tokyo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin