Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Japan McDonald's Hot Apple Custard Pie review

ホットアップルカスタードパイ

Japan McDonald's has recently been aggressively promoting their new Hot Apple Custard Pie, as a McDonald's fan, I had to try it. The packaging is simple: I love the red apple against the yellow background.  I am, however, a bit disappointed with how they got rid of their usual packaging of allowing us to tear a piece of the packaging so the packaging becomes a wrapper.

ホットアップルカスタードパイ

impressions:

  • dry (both the custard AND apple pieces)
  • crust was good
  • custard and apple pieces are separated
  • it costs ¥120 (¥20 more than the regular Apple Pie)
  • I prefer the regular Apple Pie

While it is certainly attractive, I was quite disappointed. Unlike their regular apple pies, this one was really dry. I couldn't understand why they would call this an Apple Custard Pie when the apple pieces and custard were separated and weren't influencing each other or working together to make the apple pie taste any better.

score: 6.5/10

2 comments:

LinkWithin