Thursday, January 31, 2019

Annie's Way Mask Gallery Arbutin + Hyaluronic Acid Jelly Mask review


I have heard about this mask for ages and I finally have it in my hands! I know this isn't the newest product out there... but if it is good... it doesn't matter... right? 

So for a quick background, this mask made its debut 4 years ago (2014) and every beauty guru was talking about this product. A lot of them claimed how this mask has changed their skin. 

Fast forward to 2018, the product is almost nonexistent. Their website no longer works, and everyone has moved onto other products.



I wanted to try this product for a long time, but when I received this product (online shopping) I got busy and forgot about it until now.

ingredients
the instructions are very straightforward: after washing your face and applying moisturizing lotion (Asian kind) add a 0.5cm thickness to the skin. Wait 30 minutes and wipe it off. Put an extra thick layer to your nose. After you are done, wash with water and apply a serum or other masks to make this mask more effective. 


pros

  • moisturizes skin


cons

  • need to use a lot of product each time
  • messy (you need to apply 0.5cm thickness of product)
  • uncomfortable, I couldn't wait to remove it




I can see how it quickly came and how it quickly went. While this mask does its job, I found it too much of a hassle to use. You MUST put a 0.5cm thickness of product or the product will dry on your face and reverse suck out the moisture from your skin. It was hard to slab on THAT much product without making a mess. It also felt incredibly uncomfortable on my skin. The thickness of the product caused it to stick to my eyelashes and while it did not have a droopy feeling, my skin did not like the texture after 10 minutes.

There are way better products out on the market which can do what this mask does without the mess and hassle.

score: 5/10
website: http://www.annies-way.com/ (no longer works)
Classification: gimmick

if you are interested, please check out my personal blog and follow me around Tokyo :)

1 comment:

  1. Any beauty guru who endorsed this product was paid

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin