Tuesday, December 8, 2015

PaTaPaTa Ya (ぱたぱた家) Chicken izakaya review

PaTaPaTa Ya (ぱたぱた家) Chicken izakaya Minato-ku review
the izakaya is all the way at the end of the hallway

So, after I got home and googled this place (for the sake of this review) I discovered this was a chain, there are 6 shops in total. The one I went to is located in Shiba, Minato-ku, Tokyo, you can find the address and info at the end of this review. 

Izakayas are one of my favourite places to dine in in Tokyo because they are so unique. Food you can find in one Izakaya would possibly not be available in another... and even if it is available the taste won't be the same.

PaTaPaTa Ya (ぱたぱた家) Chicken izakaya Minato-ku review
menu

I got plum liquor... because I'm in Japan :P... It was for ¥420. My friend got a Cassis and Orange Cocktail.

PaTaPaTa Ya (ぱたぱた家) Chicken izakaya Minato-ku review
Plum Liquor and lotus root appetizer

For the Plum liquor, you can choose to add warm water, tea or soda water. I chose Soda water because I wanted something cold. It was good but I felt that the plum taste was not very strong. It was also not very sweet. 

Like most Izakaya, they had complementary appetizer, for our appetizer they provided a mild spicy lotus root cold salad. It was quite good.

PaTaPaTa Ya (ぱたぱた家) Chicken izakaya Minato-ku review
menu of chicken wings (those are not my fingers)
Since it was an Izakaya that specilized in chicken, we decided to get chicken wings. These definitely caught our attention! The people next to us also got these... and the smell was so tempting.


PaTaPaTa Ya (ぱたぱた家) Chicken izakaya Minato-ku review
5 chicken wings
We were so glad when these chicken wings came. They were slightly fried and coated in honey. Then they used sesame and black pepper to coat over the honey. The black pepper's aroma was so mesmerizing. I highly recommend this dish... though it doesn't look like a lot, we were 1/3 full when we finished the wings (these wings were split between just 2 of us).

I thought they were going to be much more saltier, but turns out they were quite sweet... I didn't mind the sweetness... because it still tasted good... however, I would suggest that they try to add raw sea salt to intensify the taste.


PaTaPaTa Ya (ぱたぱた家) Chicken izakaya Minato-ku review
Chicken organs
Since we had no idea what to get... we just opted for orders with pictures and determined the tastiness of them based on pictures. We ended up ordering this.

PaTaPaTa Ya (ぱたぱた家) Chicken izakaya Minato-ku review
Chicken organs actual 
I think this is perhaps one of the very few times where the actual dish looks better than the image on the menu!

This turns out to be random pieces of Chicken organs. It might look small but it was things that I was able to identify were: chicken liver and chicken gizzard.

I found the organs to be slightly overcooked, so they were slightly "harder" than your normal organs dish. The sauce was slightly sweet with a bit of hot pepper taste (the green veggies you see in this picture are hot green peppers). 

PaTaPaTa Ya (ぱたぱた家) Chicken izakaya Minato-ku review
we didn't know what it was but it looked good
Just like the previous dish, we just randomly chose this dish. It looked quite appetizing... so we just went with instinct.

PaTaPaTa Ya (ぱたぱた家) Chicken izakaya Minato-ku review
chicken drumstick in some black pepper sauce
I really liked the black pepper sauce, but felt that the chicken was slightly overcooked... the skin was was falling off the meat and the meat was separated from the bone. It was delicious and quite salty.

The service was quite good... we met a girl from China who was very friendly. We also got to chat with her (mixture of Cantonese, Mandarin and Japanese).

Our meal cost a total of ¥3060. We were FULL by the end. It is quite a reasonable price and I think I will be visiting again... when I'm around the area.

Score: 8/10
Specific branch page: http://r.gnavi.co.jp/g025031/
Address: 東京都港区芝5-34-6新田町ビル1F
JR田町駅 西口/地下鉄三田駅
A4出口 徒歩1分
Tel: 03-5730-3001

(Address Translation: Shiba, Minato-ku, Tokyo 5-34-6 Nitta cho Building 1F
JR Tamachi Station West Exit / Mita Subway Station
A4 exit 1-minute walk)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin