Thursday, December 3, 2015

デニーズ Denny's Japan review


デニーズ Denny's Japan review
how it looks (Gotanda)
I knew this place existed for quite a while but never had to chance to go. Like Denny's in America, this is opened 24 hours.

デニーズ Denny's Japan review
just right up the flight of stairs!
Good to have SOME exercise before eating :P...

デニーズ Denny's Japan review
lots of things on the table
Unlike American Danny's, Japan Danny's has different things on their tables:
  • a bell (to ask for service)
  • utensils (handed to you when they give you water) utensils include a fork, a spoon, a dull knife and chopsticks
  • sugar (for coffee)
  • coffee whitener
  • toothpicks
  • dessert pamphlet
  • Danny's app download info sheet
デニーズ Denny's Japan review
menu... I opted for the Set which included a salad and bread/butter
It took me way too long to choose (the menu is also very different from the American menu), there were less items, and most were steaks/pasta sets. There were also options to choose drinks and salad sets. It took me a while to understand it (I'm slow... I guess ;P). Each set also gave a recommendation as what you should order with the "main". So after some careful consideration, I ordered the Porcini Mushroom Cream Hamburg Steak with salad set. I didn't order a drink as all they had were mainly coffees (coffees + dinner are a bad combo for me... they result in serious insomnia >___<).

デニーズ Denny's Japan review
 生ハムサラダ Raw Ham Salad
The first thing that arrived was the Raw Ham Salad. It looked like it was full size too!

impressions:
  • the raw ham tasted like Parma Ham 
  • loved the sauce (no vinegar at all!)
  • needs more sauce
  • veggies were fresh
I was obsessed with the sauce, it was so good!! It has been a while since I have had other salad sauces (other than Caesar and Ranch) that I could appreciate... and THIS was definitely the first. It was hard to pinpoint what the sauce was, but one thing was evident... there is no vinegar. According to the website, the main ingredients for the sauce was Olive Oil (I beg to differ... they must have used special olive oil). The salad was also topped in Parmigiano Reggiano making the salad very delicious.  The veggies (which included: carrots, onions, lettuce, cabbage, sprouts, radish) were all very fresh and nicely prepared. Overall, I really liked this salad A LOT! I highly recommend it.

Score: 10/10

you can go to its website for more info: http://www.dennys.jp/menu/salad/rawhum-salad/

デニーズ Denny's Japan review
ポルチーニ香る きのこクリームハンバーグ
The translation should be something like: Porcini mushroom cream with Hamburg Steak. This is the first Hamburg steak I have ever had... so my impressions on it might be slightly biased. I found this Hamburg steak to be too soft... (not sure if they are all like that)

Impressions:
  • love the mushroom sauce!
  • too little sauce
  • sauce was too oily (way too oily)
  • veggies were fair... nothing special...
  • spinach was too oily
  • hamburg steak was too soft
I loved and hated the sauce. The flavour was beautiful, it consisted of lots mushrooms and cheeses to make it so tasty... BUT... I found that the sauce was drenched in oil (you can see in the picture how the borders of the brown sauce is surrounded by oil). 

The crispy Potato thins (resembling potato chips) added a nice texture and flavours making the too tender hamburg steak much more appealing. 

Score: 7/10
More info: http://www.dennys.jp/menu/autumnmenu/porcini/

デニーズ Denny's Japan review
bread and butter

This was definitely a surprise... I wasn't looking forward to it... since it was just... bread and butter. First though... I almost burnt my fingers trying to rip the bread in half (but I don't mind) because (you will see in my impressions).

impressions:

  • very hot! be very careful
  • very soft
  • very delicious
  • very soft


Honestly, have you ever seen me write so many "very"s in my impressions? probably not... I loved this bread... it is definitely one of the best breads I have ever had. The bread was rich in bread (taste)... It was served very hot... I just loved it! It's one of those breads you will be craving...

Score: 10/10

デニーズ Denny's Japan review
set bill
The service was great... although they didn't "serve" you, they were very courteous... every time they are leaving, they will give you a small bow (I think that is exception service... even in Japan standards). Unlike most diners and restaurants they hardly walked pass you... instead you always  have to ring a bell (by pressing a button) to get their attention.

Score: 8.5/10
Website: http://www.dennys.jp/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin