Tuesday, December 22, 2015

伊藤園 (ITO EN) 麦のソーダ (Mugi Soda) review


ITO EN 麦のソーダ (Mugi Soda) review
product

While strolling around Harajuku, I came across a vending machine, this Mugi Soda caught my attention, how can Wheat Tea be a soda?

Wheat tea has been one of my favourite Japanese drinks... so I was very intrigued to how it would taste. This only cost ¥100

ingredients: 
糖類(果糖ぶどう糖液糖、果糖、砂糖)、大麦、酸味料、香料
(translation: Sugars (fructose glucose syrup, fructose, sugar), barley, acidulant, flavoring)

Impressions:

  • a little too sweet (compared to Wheat Tea)
  • tastes like carbonated soda (can you imagine?)
  • tricked my brain into thinking it was beer
  • very sparkling
This... is a very interesting drink. I can't say whether I like it or hate it... at first, I thought it tasted like carbonated Chocolate... by tastebuds were confused... and then I kept thinking I was drinking beer (probably the intent of this drink). It is also very sparkling... as they added a lot of cabonated water into the drink... nonetheless very interest.

Score: 7.5/10

1 comment:

  1. I tried this once... I thought I was drinking non-alcoholic beer.... haha

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin