Thursday, November 26, 2015

Essential CC Oil (for hair) review


Essential CC Oil (for hair) review
actual product

My new hair cut has enabled me to constantly blow dry my hair, it just somehow ends up looking hideous if I don't, as a result, (you guessed it) my hair is terribly damaged. Split ends and dry ends (are they the same thing?) have developed and my hair looks dead.

While shopping at Watsons the other day, I saw a display promoting this hair oil from Essential, I was contemplating on getting it, I looked over and L'oreal (or some American brand) was selling their hair oil (in larger amounts) for $165 HKD... and while Essential's was only $65 HKD, so... you guessed it... I got this!...



Essential CC Oil (for hair) review
product with Chinese translation

What it claims:
Non-greasy and invisibly light, the Essential CC Oil coats each strand of hair with a cuticle coat protection to fight the 5 most common forms of hair stresses. The cuticle coat protection leaves hair smooth and tangle-free all day!
  • Unprotected hair is prone to friction damage caused by daily external stress factors 
  • Essential CC Oil protects hair from the 5 hair stresses 
  • Light, non-greasy oil is instantly absorbed by hair 
  • Leaves hair smooth & manageable all day
Essential CC Oil (for hair) review
more info

If you can't read Chinese or Japanese the 5 hair stresses include: 
tangling, broken pieces of hair, dried hair, split ends and static

I love Essential products, I have been using their Shampoo for a few months now and their hair mask for a few years... and so far, their products have not disappointed me. I had high hopes for this oil... but I knew that just like their hair mask, this oil won't produce immediate noticeable results.

Essential CC Oil (for hair) review
actual product lasts about a month

impressions:
  • a soft fruity scent
  • very oily
  • my hair absorbed every bit of it
  • do not over use
  • a little goes a long way 
  • does what it says BUT not get rid of tangles
  • after using it for 2 weeks, I noticed my hair to be more shinier and stronger


Essential CC Oil (for hair) review
container was made out of strong plastic

How to use:


After you have washed your hair, let it be half dry (usually dry enough, after you towel dry your hair), then you apply the oil.

For long hair, they recommended 5 pumps. I tried that the first time but I did not feel that my whole head was properly coated so after trial and error, for my long hair, I do 3 pumps on each side. I would put 3 pumps onto one hand and smooth it out with my other hand than apply the oil to my hair. Concentrate on "greasing" your roots and for the leftovers gently massage to your scalp and roots.

Essential CC Oil (for hair) review
this is all I needed for my long hair (5 pumps)


Score: 9/10
Website: no website


please check out my personal blog and follow me around Tokyo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin