Monday, November 16, 2015

Japan McDonald' s (エッグチーズバーガー) Egg Cheese Burger review

Japan McDonald' s (エッグチーズバーガー) Egg Burger review
Egg Burger and Iced Lemon Tea
For those living in Japan, like me, you will notice how heavily advertised this ¥200 エッグチーズバーガー(Egg Cheese Burger) was being promoted. I see its ads on subways, subway station, TV CMs, etc. I gave into the advertisement and decided to try it. At first, because of my poor Japanese skills, I thought it was just an ordinary Egg Cheese Sausage McMuffin in burger form... oh how wrong I was.  Instead, it is simply a hamburger (including the ketchup and pickles) with a melted slice of cheese and egg.

Japan McDonald' s (エッグチーズバーガー) Egg Burger review
Egg Cheese Burger

impressions:

  • this is hot! (temperature-wise)
  • lots of ketchup... too much ketchup
  • none other than a hamburger
  • cheese taste is hardly noticeable
  • egg is "too" well cooked


Japan McDonald' s (エッグチーズバーガー) Egg Burger review
close up
Like most Japanese places... no... like ALL food places in Tokyo, the burger was served HOT... I nearly burned my fingers when I first picked it up. I need to start getting use to food being served here.

That aside. I honestly didn't find anything very special with this Egg Cheese Burger. I could hardly taste the Cheese. Egg didn't enhance the taste of this burger (besides added nutrition value). It was a well made burger, but I don't see (besides the added nutrition value) why I would need to spend an extra ¥100 to add an egg into the burger.

Suggestion! If their egg portion was less "well cooked"and a bit runny, the taste might be a lot better. Or maybe they can replace the ketchup with an egg mayonnaise, it would make more sense to be added. (just adding my two cents!)



Score: 8.5/10
Website: http://www.mcdonalds.co.jp/campaign/otegoro/index.html (Japanese)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin