Thursday, November 12, 2015

吉列豚肉專門店銀座梅林 Ginza Bairin @ K11 review


吉列豚肉專門店銀座梅林 Ginza Bairin @ K11 review
logo

First, I would like to apologize in advance. The restaurant had dim lighting so it was hard to take better quality pictures. >___<

吉列豚肉專門店銀座梅林 Ginza Bairin @ K11 review
different dressings
I got to try each of the dressings. The Sesame dressing was great with the salad. The Wasabi dressing and Tonkotsu Dressing were great for the Tonkotsu.

吉列豚肉專門店銀座梅林 Ginza Bairin @ K11 review
chopsticks and wet napkins.. I like their calligraphy font and colour


吉列豚肉專門店銀座梅林 Ginza Bairin @ K11 review
sashimi
Sashimi
Oooh, this was definitely one of the best sashimi I had in Hong Kong... Although I couldn't exactly tell the fish apart... how shameful of me.

This was their biggest Sashimi dish... I think they want to focus on their Tonkatsu instead of Sashimi. But if you are getting a Tonkatsu dinner (which you should!) this plate of Sashimi is more than enough (we shared it among 3 people)

吉列豚肉專門店銀座梅林 Ginza Bairin @ K11 review
Tonkotsu set

Tonkotsu!
Even with the bad lighting and blurry picture quality, you can see just how crispy these were.

Impressions
  • Super crispy on the outside
  • Tender on the inside
  • Not oily 
  • pork was so tasty


There is a reason why people like Black Pork (?) the most... I have never tasted such great tasting pork... not only was the flavour but there was just the right amount of fat to make it so tender, and it was perfectly moist making it super juicy!

The Tonkotsu was so crispy on the outside and the inside was so tender... although it didn't exactly "melt" in your mouth, it was very juicy. The right amount of fat made it perfect, not oily at all.

吉列豚肉專門店銀座梅林 Ginza Bairin @ K11 review
another view

The set included miso soup, rice and salad. The Sesame sauce (found on the table) was perfect for this salad (the other sauces didn't work so well... though they did produce an interesting taste).

吉列豚肉專門店銀座梅林 Ginza Bairin @ K11 review
one of the best Plum wines I have ever had
Plum Wine
They made their own Plum Wine, so unless you visit this place, you can't try it. I loved it... the plum taste was just right! This was the best tasting plum wine I have ever had... I see myself going on a journey to look for good tasting plum wine now :D

Score: 9/10
official website: http://www.ginzabairin.com/en/index.php
Hong Kong website: http://www.ginzabairin.com.hk/

5 comments:

LinkWithin