Thursday, November 5, 2015

Cheesess Cheese Tart review


Cheesess @ K11 Cheese Tart review
Cheesess shop

While waiting for a friend at K-11, I couldn't help but notice this cheesecake place. It was very simple (only 2 dine in tables) located right in the middle of the mall. I wanted to try the cheese cakes at this place from the moment I first noticed its presence... but my busy schedule did not let me.

Since Cheese Tarts are currently the talk of the dessert world in the city, I couldn't help but noticed their prominent Cheese Tart stand next to their cake display windows. I was surprised that they were only $18 each. Despite my busy schedule, I decided to buy take out.

Cheesess @ K11 Cheese Tart review
packaging
I mean, where else would you buy Cheese Tarts other than a place that claims it has the best cheese cakes around?

Impressions
  • Very soft and fragile
  • Melts in mouth
  • Strong lemon taste
  • Coconut bites
  • Reasonably priced


Cheesess @ K11 Cheese Tart review
Cheese Tart (Original Flavour)
WOW... so... I wasn't expecting this! It was good... but not the way I have expected it to be. First, the tart, when it touches the warmth of your mouth, literally melts in your mouth. It just collapses, giving in to the warmth. Secondly, it wasn't too sweet, I find that most lemon desserts have too much added sugar inside, but I'm glad it wasn't the case for this, the amount of sweetness was just right! Thirdly, I loved the added coconut pulp (are they called pulp?)... well... the bits of coconut that were randomly scattered. It made a nice addition to the flavours and a nice added touch (so the whole tart didn't feel too slimy).


Cheesess @ K11 Cheese Tart review
overflown with goodness

I was slightly... (I can't exactly call it "disappointment") bummed when I could hardly taste the cheese. The lemon and coconut taste was too overpowering. Now... I haven't had a Cheese Tart prior, so I'm not sure if that is how cheese tarts are supposed to be. But I would expect there to be a much stronger presence of cheese, if it were in the name.

Other than the "cheese issue" I loved this tart... it was so good!
score: 9/10
website: http://cheesess.com/hk/index.php?route=product/product_list&category_id=35&product_id=108

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin