Thursday, May 28, 2015

Comparison: Difference Between Hong Kong and Canadian/American McDonald's Sausage McMuffin

豬柳蛋漢堡 Hong Kong McDonald' s Sausage McMuffin review
Hong Kong McDonald's Sausage McMuffin
Chinese name: 豬柳蛋漢堡

For those in North America, begin to envy us in Hong Kong! Did you know that McDonald's in Hong Kong serves their Sausage McMuffin as a regular menu item? This means we can order this anytime... not just around breakfast time! (*evil laughter)

In this review, I want to talk about the differences between the Sausage McMuffin you can order in Hong Kong vs the one in North America And... for those who haven't had a Sausage McMuffin ever (shock), I'll give a small review about it.

Initially, I was planning to write the review on the same post... but after realizing that there are more differences I decided to write a separate post.

豬柳蛋漢堡 Hong Kong McDonald' s Sausage McMuffin review
I halfed a Sausage McMuffin, see how the ingredients are nicely arranged?

Similarities:
  • tastes identical
  • similar ingredients (read more in the differences)
Differences:
  • patty tastes a bit different, there is a weird "tangy" taste in the HK version (and no, the meat didn't go bad... I experienced this in 3 mcDonald's at different times and they all tasted like that). I did find a way to get rid of the weird "tangy" taste, you just let the mcMuffin cool down
  • muffin, I prefer HK version bread more, because it doesn't have that weird sour taste to it, the muffin wasn't grilled in the HK version, possibly baked.
  • HK version's ingredients are properly placed (as shown in the image)
  • The cheese in the HK version wasn't fully melted
So which do you prefer?
I guess it all depends... to be honest, I don't have a huge prefererence over one or the other because they are really similar. I didn't enjoy the tangyness of the HK patty... but at the same time, I didn't like the tangyness that the muffin had in the American/Canadian version either. I liked how organized the ingredients were in the HK version but I also liked the melted cheese in the American/Canadian version. At the end of the day, I think both are good.

4 comments:

  1. I never really had any of McD's breakfast before, lol. It's cuz I'm usually never there during their morning breakfast time. One day I should try their breakfast menu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. McD's in HK decided to make this Sausage McMuffin a regular item, so you can order it anytime! :D next time you visit you can try it! (and their Sundays are now all day breakfast! ^^)

      Delete
  2. The Hong Kong version looks so much more organized

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin