Thursday, June 26, 2014

Haagen Daz Gelato dark chocolate chip review


Haagen Daz Gelato dark chocolate chip review
500 ml of chocolaty goodness

Prior to finding this product, I had no idea that Haagen-Daz had a Gelato collection!... Since I am a Haagen-Daz, Gelato and chocolate fan, how could I resist this?

Impressions:
  • Sweet
  • Lots of chocolate chunks
  • Rich chocolate taste


Haagen Daz Gelato dark chocolate chip review
a look at the chocolate chunks

This Gelato was surprisingly sweet, I wasn't expecting it to be so sweet, the main cause was the dark chocolate chunks. There are lots of hidden dark chocolate chunks (if you scooped out a teaspoon, there are about 4 chunks!). It is strange though, you can't tell they are there till you put the spoonful in your mouth, let the warm of your mouth melt away the chocolate gelato and taste the dark chocolate chips! Despite the dark chocolate chips to be.. well... dark chocolate, I found them a bit too sweet. Their size was perfect, not too thin nor thick.

However, that being said, I always thought Gelato was a healthier option... but when I looked at the nutrition facts, I was slightly shocked:


Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1/2 cup
Servings Per Container   3.5
Amount Per Serving
Calories  270  (from Fat  110)

score: 8/10
website: http://www.haagendazs.us/Products/Product/3791

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin