Thursday, June 5, 2014

PopCorners the new shape of popcorn review


Pop corners the new shape of popcorn review
box of PopCorners
I have recently came across this huge box of PopCorners at Costco, (I think if it gets popular it will be available at your local grocery store... that's usually what happens). I love PopCorn and I always wondered how it would taste like in "chip" form. These "chips" are basically compressed/flatten popcorns cut into triangle shapes.

impressions:
  • very thin
  • light taste
  • crunchy
  • my friends complained that the chips' seasoning left an unpleasant stickiness to the hands

Pop corners the new shape of popcorn review
ingredients
I was a bit disappointed when I saw the ingredients list... it is not healthy. I think it is ok to have these once in a while, but having them as how you would with popcorn will put lots of chemicals in your body.

Pop corners the new shape of popcorn review
the 3 flavours
There are 3 flavours: Kettle, White Cheddar and Cheesy Jalapeño. Each package contains approximately 15-20 chips, which is a good size if you want something light to satisfy your craving.

These popcorn "chips" are compressed popcorns, flatten to almost 2-3 mm. The texture does not feel hard, they made it very crispy.

Pop corners the new shape of popcorn review
picture of a PopCorners "chip"

Here is the list of how each chip tastes:



Kettle - Sweet Meets Salty
It's sweet, it's salty, it's salty sweet. Which is it? If you dig "sweet n' salty" snacking, dig into our Kettle flavored PopCorners to enjoy the best of both worlds.
  • sweet and salty

White Cheddar - Creamy Smooth
Smooth and creamy with subtle tangy notes of that signature cheddar "bite" to make your taste-buds tango. You're tasting artisanal cheddar crafted to complement -- not clobber -- our signature popcorn taste.
  • not savoury
  • very light taste

Cheesy Jalapeño - Add Some Heat
Further confirmation that the new shape of popcorn is a hot new idea. We're spicing up the snack aisle as we pepper in the cheddar and let great popcorn taste meet the heat.
  • very "hot"
  • some cheesy taste

score: 8/10
website (for kettle, you can find the other flavours on the webpage): http://www.popcorners.com/flavors/kettle/



4 comments:

  1. Interesting. I haven't seen these around....where did you get buy them from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them at Costco :) hopefully they will be available at other places soon too!

      Delete
    2. Oh I see. There's no costco's near me...there's only a fresco down my street, lol. I think all the costco's are in like north york and scarborough. I have never seen one in downtown.

      Delete
    3. lol, I know, Costco doesn't open enough stores around >.< hopefully these will be on sale outside of Costco, else, next time we meet, I can bring you some :)

      Delete

LinkWithin