Thursday, February 27, 2014

Cadina Happy is yummy taro chips! review


Cadina Happy is yummy taro chips! review
it's no secret I got these at T&T

During Chinese/Lunar New Year, it is a bit of tradition in my family to get Taro Chips (or some kind of crispy item made from taro). Usually once the new year gets here... these taro crispy items all disappear. Things were a little different this year when I found these at T&T.



Cadina Happy is yummy taro chips! review
contents and nutrition information, seems natural enough
impressions:
  • tasty
  • light
  • sweet and salty
  • slight herbiness
  • addicting
  • what you see is not what you get (the contents only make up about 35% of the package... the rest is ... air)

According to the ingredients, these chips were made from fresh taro, They were fried with Olive Oil and seasoned lightly in herbs. The chips did not taste or feel oily. They were lightly coated in a salty, herb . enough to enhance the taro taste and did not steal the taste away from the taro taste.

Cadina Happy is yummy taro chips! review
they all look similar to these ones
I am not sure if it was my bad luck or whether all the other packages' contents were mostly crushed. I was lucky to find a few that weren't for this picture.

My taste buds were so happy and satisfied when I took a bite out of these chips. They were nicely coated in a salt, sugar and herb seasoning. They were crispy with a soft crunch.

Cadina Happy is yummy taro chips! review
the bag was big, but the bag was only 35% filled
I was a disappointed when I opened the package, the bag was only 35% filled. I just opened this and took a picture... see how little taro chips there are compared to the size of the bag...

rating: 9/10 

no website

5 comments:

  1. Oh my mom makes taro pie every year for Chinese New Year! =D These taro chips sound like they're really good. I love eating taro! Except I don't really like taro bubble tea...they taste very different from the actual food itself. x_x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh Taro pie is really good! Our family usually makes Radish ones... we should trade during the New Year :P

      I agree with you... Taro Bubble tea tastes really different from Taro... and it makes my throat slightly itchy >.< (whereas the "real" one doesn't)

      the prices for these Taro chips are going up >.<

      Delete
    2. Taro bubble tea taste like medicine to me, LOL! I don't know why it taste like that...but I never order it for bbtea!

      Delete
    3. lol too artificial... I guess? XP

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin