Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector review


The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector review
Photo source: www.bodyshop.ca
I have always wanted to give Body Shop hand creams a try, I have always liked their other products (e.g. Shampoo, fragrances, etc.)


the official website describes this product:
BEST IF YOU WANT TO: Soften and protect hands, even after washing. Our best-selling Hemp Hand Protector is dermatologically tested for very dry skin and contains Community Trade hemp seed oil.
BEST FOR: dry to extremely dry skin 
How it works:Community Trade hemp seed oil has an unusually high concentration of essential fatty acids that help to repair skin's moisture barrier, so skin is smooth and supple. 
Community Trade organic beeswax moisturizes and conditions; acts as a barrier to seal in moisture.

impressions:
  • leaves hands feeling "creamy"
  • my hands do not absorb the product well
  • natural "hemp" scent
  • thick and creamy product

When I first squeezed the product out, the cream felt really hard. My skin had a problem absorbing all of this cream. I didn't put a lot on and my hands were dry. It seems that the "molecules" of this cream were a bit too big for the skin on my hands to absorb. (I feel like a scientist saying this). After a few minutes of trying to rub the cream on my hands, I was left with oily looking hands. I think that's why it is called "hand protector" as it leaves a layer of protection on my hands. It was not very fun when I had to use my cell phone though. I felt the product getting onto the screen.

rating: 6.5/10

3 comments:

  1. Ah it's in a metal tube again. I don't like using hand creams in tubes like this...hurts my hand trying to squeeze the cream out! >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, another metal tube T____T I guess companies want to put hand creams in metal tubes as it "looks" and "feels" more expensive >.< I hate it when they "dent"... I'm just glad that Crabtree and Evelyn has ditched the metal tubes and gone for plastic :)... hope the rest follow

      Delete
  2. that's not good if it cannot absorb too well...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin