Thursday, March 6, 2014

Kenzo Ramen @ Bloor review

Kenzo Ramen review
Kenzo Ramen
impressions:
  • seating is very uncomfortable
  • casual atmosphere
  • not suitable for "long lengthy conversations" 
  • service is so-so


The King of Kings Ramen at Kenzo Ramen review
The King of Kings Ramen with extra noodles
What this is: 
Spicy Netsu ramen with five toppings of roasted pork, sliced egg, fish cake, fresh seaweed and dried seaweed. Season topping: marianted bamboo shoot.

Tastes:
I haven't tried this but my friend likes it. He thought it was a bit pricey... but he thought it was extremely delicious. My friend did comment that he thought the $1.50 for extra noodles was extremely reasonable.

Tonkotsu Ramen at Kenzo Ramen review
Tonkotsu Ramen
What this is:
Tonkotsu Ramen, Hakata style pork bone soup ramen

Tastes:
Every time I'm here, I usually get this Tonkotsu Ramen because it seems to be the most basic, simple and . Simplicity is always what I like to get. The pork bone soup is really good, it is milky and savoury.

 I found myself thinking about heading over to Kenzo's to get this Ramen every time it gets cold. I love the authentic ramen taste they have, topped with pork slices and fish cake. However, I think they can ease up on the green onions though. I literally had green onion breath (apparently it exists) after this. I was impressed and thought it was really nice they served seasoning with the ramen. It was no needed but nice to have.

The bowls don't look big, but there is a lot... my friend and I are always so full after (of course, he got extra noodles, but he says it is extremely filling) and I always struggle to finish one bowl.

7.5/10

website: http://www.kenzoramen.ca/index.php

2 comments:

  1. I have been to Kenzo Ramen before but not at this location. I went to the one on Dundas and Bay near Eaton Centre. Ya their bowls are quite big and I remember not being able to finish my bowl of ramen, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! Ramen bowls are so big, yet it is hard to share ramen... :( It would be good if it was "share-a-ble" :P

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin