Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Ajisen Ramen (味千拉麵) review

Ajisen Ramen Review
Ajisen Ramen logo

Tis the addiction to ramen! :D v.

Ajisen Ramen has always been one of my favourite places to go for ramen because it was one of the first places I have ever had "real" and "authentic" Ramen (buffets/all you can eat places don't count).


Ajisen Ramen Review
Japanese Beef Shank Rice Set

I don't like their set dinners unfortunately, this was the first time I have ever gotten a set dinner from Ajisen and I will probably never will again. Here are some issues I found with this Japanese Beef Shank Rice Set: 1. the beef shank was badly marinated (hardly any taste and quite dry), 2. portion was small, don't let the size the tray fool you, if you look closely at what they serve, you will see how much there really is. Most of the "space" is being filled with slices of vegetables.

Unless they announce that they will be making better set dinners... I will never again order set dinners at Ajisen Ramen again!
Ajisen Ramen Review
seasonal special ramen: black pork ramen with pork bone soup
So from now on, I'm only going to Ajisen Ramen for their ramens and appetizers only. (If any of you go with me remind me!!)

I usually get their Ajisen Ramen (the typical one) but this caught my eye. I wanted to see what was special with this Black Pork Ramen

To be honest there isn't a "Real" significant difference. The biggest difference lies within the pork... with their "normal" ramens, they use normal pork, but for this, (I don't know much about pork meat) you can definitely taste the "higher" quality of the pork meat. There is not only more, it is also much thicker and much more juicier.

Ajisen Ramen Review
fried chicken knee caps with sour Thai sauce
Whenever I go to Ramen, I usually get "Chicken Knee Caps". They are one of my favourite appetizers (they sound disgusting but they really aren't)  Ajisen makes them more "traditional" by deep frying these chicken knee caps. (I know, so unhealthy but so tasty). If you like chicken and fried things. I highly suggest you give these a try!


website: http://www.ajisen.ca/

2 comments:

  1. Oh I have heard of this restaurant but never been there. I think I remember seeing the commercials for it on fairchild TV, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow! I'm surprised you haven't been there considering it being Japanese :P

      I think they gotta work harder now that there is so much more competition than before

      Delete

LinkWithin