Tuesday, August 6, 2013

奶蓋咩 Latte Mei review

photo credits: Lum. V. from yelp.ca

After a shopping trip to Eaton Centre, a friend and I walked along Dundas looking for a place to chat. We were both attracted by the greenness of this shop, so we decided to go in. The shop is quite small and simple. After going in the shop, we discovered it was "Taiwan's No. 1 Tea". I was so excited to learn that I can try something authentically Taiwan in Toronto. However, that being said, this place isn't as busy as you would expect (no long lines). Most come for take out and hardly stay.


my friend and I decided to order Jelly Noodle White Gourd tea, since it was one of their recommended drinks. I was very curious as to what "Jelly" Noodle was. The wait time (from paying to getting our orders) was quite lengthy. 

After taking the first sip, I was a little disappointed with the "Jelly Noodle", it was nothing more than some sort of chewy tasteless... "noodle". It didn't impress me at all.



On the other hand, the drink itself, the Gourd tea was quite a surprise. It was good!! The gourd here is a winter melon. Not too sweet or too dull (?). Over the years I have almost given up on getting "melon" type teas because of the large amounts of sugar they put into it. I am glad I have FINALLY found a place that does not overdose their Winter Melon Tea!

The prices at this place is quite reasonable. For $3.99, located in the heart of downtown Toronto, this is definitely a deal, HOWEVER, keep in mind there is NO SERVICE and wait times can be pretty long.

website: http://www.lattemei.com.tw/



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin