Thursday, August 15, 2013

日出茶太 Chatime review

Brewed Oolong Milk Tea with Pudding

Chatime... Global Brand with Local Flavour

Recently, the talk of town is "Chatime"!
Whenever it's after dinner... "let's go Chatime"
or After a movie "let's go to Chatime"
or to talk "let's talk at Chatime"

How can I ignore such a significant place? I have learned that they have already opened 2 tearooms in Toronto and from what I heard, there will be more coming.

Upon arriving to the store, you will notice that there is a line... there is always a line, I passed by this place at least 5 times already and every time there is a line... the line moves quite quick, so don't be scared. Once you enter the shop, you will be invited by their sweet milk tea flavor scent. The atmosphere is very casual I would not recommend coming to this place if you are a party of more than 5, as there aren't a lot of seats. This place is not designed for you to stay for more than one hour, it is a drink and go place. (wait time is not too bad)

photo credits: http://www.yelp.ca/biz_photos/chatime-toronto#HsBHP3qunw96PhFP4spueA


Their drinks are more on the pricey side (approximately $5/bubble tea), it is worth it, but still considered pricey (especially when you aren't served, you just get a take out cup, and there is  but they can be quite pricey due to the uniqueness of their drinks menu. You can click here for their updated drink's menu. Quality is also a factor in their pricing, they do put powder in their drinks but you can taste a difference between their drinks compared to other places who fully rely on powder and other chemicals. The drinks here taste much more "natural" and "real"

I find it interesting how they have unusual additives to their drinks such as: Red Bean, Coffee Jelly, Grass Jelly, Aloe Vera and Pudding.  I was interested in the pudding and coffee Jelly... I chose pudding in the end.

Another very interesting feature of this place is that you can choose how much "Sugar", "Ice" and "Topping" you would like to add to your drink. There is a range for example:

100% - normal sugar dose
70% - less sugar dose
0%  -  no sugar at all

(the same applies to their ice and topping)

I assume because it is located in downtown, they only service "take out" so you can only get your drinks in a take away/out cup.

Additional information:
if you would like to access their free WiFi, the password is their phone number

Overall, I like this place, not so much the atmosphere (it is too loud and not "comfortable" enough, since they call themselves a tearoom I would expect a more "tearoom" environment (unless of course there is a lost in translation? I'll give them the benefit of the doubt)). I like their unique drinks and quality so I guess I will be coming here again.

rating: 4.5/5

website: http://www.ichatime.com.tw/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin