Monday, March 4, 2013

Olive Garden Review


I have heard many MANY positive reviews about Olive Garden, so out of curiosity  I decided to try it. I only have 2 things to say about this place: Great Service and Delicious food! I have found one of the best Italian restaurants I have and ever will encounter. The prices are extremely reasonable, the food is in large portions, the staff are extremely friendly and  the most important thing, the food is very delicious!



Zuppa Toscana

They had a meal combo available, so it was much easier to choose from the various choices they had. We were a company of three, so we ordered three meal combos, that way we can share and try different foods. The first we ordered was Zuppa Toscana and salad. Since I am not a huge fan of salads, I cannot comment much other than to say the salad was fresh and had a lot of ingredients inside (e.g. various lettuces, olives, peppers, etc). The soup, Zuppa Toscana was my surprise, it is one of the best Italian soups I have ever had! Either I have not really had a chance to try different types of Italian soups (other than the "basic" ones such as Italian Wedding and other various types of tomato based "Italian soups", come to think of that, I am not even sure if the soups I have tried were authentic, or just fusions of the original) nonetheless, I enjoyed EVERY sip of that soup, it was cream based and contained Italian Sausage, Kale/Spinach, bacon, etc. each ingredient played it's part well. 



complementary garlic bread sticks

Olive Garden was very considerate to providing us with complementary garlic bread sticks. It was very fresh and buttery, they even let us bring it home after, which was very nice and thoughtful of them. And, of course, this way, no food is wasted!


Grilled Chicken Toscana

We ordered Grilled Chicken Toscana as one of the combos. It was very tasty, the chicken had a wonderful grilled tasted and it was seasoned so well! They paired it with a kind of cheese Risotto  and some spinach on top. Most importantly, the dish was served very hot. The Chicken was very tender and smooth. 


Parmesan potato crusted chicken

The next thing which came was Parmesan Potato crusted Chicken. I was very impressed with the quality of this dish, just like the grilled Chicken the 

Penne di mare 

Experience tells me to never order seafood at any Italian restaurant, however, I am glad I decided to order ONE dish which contained seafood. Unlike most Italian restaurants I have been to, Olive Garden's seafood dish (Penne Di Mare) had large quantities of seafood (as described on their menu) and the seafood was FRESH!

Chocolate moouse cake

For our combo, we order 2 chocolate moouse cakes and one caramel hazelnut macchiato. I am so glad we ordered these two choices because they were really good. The chocolate moouse cake was delicious, unlike most "Caucasian" places, it's cake was not very sweet (which is good). I liked the presentation too. Though it doesn't look like a lot in the picture, it was more than enough after such a heavy meal.

caramel hazelnut macchiato

For our other choice of "dessert" we ordered Caramel Hazelnut Macchiato. Never in my life have I heard of Macchiato, so out of their selection of Lattes, Cappuccinos, Expressos, etc. I decided to take my chances and try this Macchiato. I do not know coffees enough, but this is one coffee I would definitely try again (when I get the chance to). If I had to describe this drink, I would say it is a cross between a latte, cappuccino and some other type of coffee, but the mix is so well blended that it tastes far better than Cappuccino and Latte.

I would give Olive Garden a rating of 10/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin