Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Comparison: Kirkland's Almond Covered Vanilla Ice Cream Bars vs Haagen Dazs Vanilla Almond Chocolate Bars

 



I finally got my hands on Kirkland's almond chocolate and vanilla ice cream bars and loved it! Kirkland's version has been very popular because of the cheaper price tag. I went on a lot of community forums and they have insisted that these two are very similar. So I decided to test out Kirkland's version against Haagen Daz's (which I have loved for many many years) for you.

I was surprised as to how identical the taste was... but I noted some key differences. here's what they are:



Haagan Daz's
Kirkland's
Almond count
a bit more than Kirkland's

 ______________________
Creaminess of Vanilla
 ___________________

Creamier and richer than Haagan Daz's, also tastes milkier
Chocolate
 ___________________
Chocolate is darker and richer than Haagan Daz's
Calories
290 (88 ml)
280 (91 ml)


Taste is subjective... so if having more almonds is what you prefer, then Haagan Daz's Vanilla Milk Chocolate Almond bars would be better for you.

If you prefer a creamier, milkier vanilla bar taste and like darker and richer chocolate, then Kirkland's would be your go-to. (I was extremely surprised how Kirkland's version has a lower calorie count! :O)

Price: (in CAD at Costco)

Haagan Daz's Vanilla Almond Chocolate Bars (contains 9 bars per box) $9.49
Kirkland's Chocolate Almond Covered Vanilla Ice Cream Bars (contains 18 bars per box) $9.99

edit (November 17, 2021): I checked at Costco today and it seems their prices were raised (possibly because of inflation)

updated prices (as of November 17, 2021):

Haagan Daz's Vanilla Almond Chocolate Bars (contains 9 bars per box) $14.49
Kirkland's Chocolate Almond Covered Vanilla Ice Cream Bars (contains 18 bars per box) $14.99


I'll let you decide, but for me (since the almond count doesn't really bother me), I think it is quite obvious that Kirkland's is the clear winner here :D

Let me know your thoughts :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin