Tuesday, November 9, 2021

RW Garcia Sweet Beetroot Crackers review


I was very excited to try these out (I found them at Costco). Beetroots are known for being healthy but I have never been a fan of their earthly taste, so I was very excited to see them being turned into crackers.

The description says these are gluten-free beetroot crackers

RW GARCIA 3 SEED ORGANIC SWEET BEETROOT CRACKERS bring something new to the table. Great with any topping - our nutritious ingredients include Beetroot, stone ground white maize, and a trio of seeds blended together to make a delicious gluten-free cracker. Enjoy!

 These are made in the USA.



Don't be fooled by the name like I was. These sweet beetroot crackers are actually corn chips in disguise. There is 6% of beetroot in these. The ingredients do not raise any red flags though. There aren't preservatives. 

Ingredients: 
Organic stone ground white corn, Organic sunflower oil, Organic beetroot (6%), Organic black sesame seeds (2%), Organic flax seeds (2%), Organic ground paprika, Organic chia seeds (2%), Organic onion powder, Salt. 

There is good nutrition value to these chips, too. Aside from the slightly higher "Fat" content, I was happy to hear that there was a good presence of Protein, potassium, sodium, calcium, and iron. 


impressions:

  • taste like regular corn chips
  • great for dips (and anything that works well with corn chips like salsa)
  • healthy
  • not sweet at all
I was a bit disappointed that they didn't indicate clearly that these were corn chips. I wish they warned us instead of letting us find out ourselves when there only contains 6% of beetroot. 

Aside from that, I really like these "beetroot chips", I like how they were able to incorporate beet, flaxseed, chia, flax seeds, and black sesame seeds into the chips (I can see them, but the taste is overpowered by the corn taste).

score: 7.5/10 (for misleading advertisement)
website: https://rwgarcia.com/products/organic-artisan-crackers/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin