Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Shein's Sheglam Starlight Velvet Lipstick - Prophecy review



Shein is known for its cheap clothing and fast fashion but when you dig into their site/app you will notice that they have a significant amount of makeup. I'll be testing out this lipstick today (I bought this with my money, in case you are wondering). Like most of their items, this is cheap, it was only $4! :D

lipstick vs no lipstick

The colour I chose was "Prophecy" and this product has a net weight of 3.5g. Some users on Shein claimed that this is Chanel quality (I'm a bit skeptical on this claim) but with it only being $4 (or less, since they always have discount coupons) I think it was worth a shot.

ingredients

I decided to take apart the packaging so you can see the description easier.

You don't have to dig deep to realize that there are A LOT of ingredients for this tiny lipstick. Please let me know if you see an ingredient that isn't that good or dangerous.

The description:

Achieve that red-carpet vibes lip look with SHEGLAM STARLIGHT Velvet Lipstick! Enjoy long-lasting color that glides on silky-smooth and dries to a nourishing, matte finish that'll have you looking like a movie star. Plus, each pigment-rich shade features a subtle sparkle effect that demands attention.

container, it is plastic

impressions:

  • container is plastic 
  • it is quite hard to turn up the product
  • very creamy when applied
  • dries and stays on very well 
  • doesn't dry out your skin
  • has a light cocoa scent (while in the container) but no scent or taste when applied on lips
  • slightly stains skin/lips
  • I liked the slight subtle glitter/sparkles that give it a nice touch (but it can also be a con)
  • plump effect
  • not buildable

one application vs two applications



I can't hide my disappointment when I first took the lipstick out of the packaging and realize it was plastic. I shouldn't complain (given the price) but I had high hopes it would at least be a bit more... metallic. 

The next thing I wasn't impressed with was that it took a lot of effort to turn the lipstick to get the product out! It will stay that way for a long time.

I have used my fair share of cheap lipsticks, but this is one of the better ones. I am quite impressed by how it dries matte and stays on your lips... it is long-lasting (at least a few hours, without eating). 

The glitter/sparkles are what makes it special as well as what makes it cheap-looking. Under certain lighting, the glitter/sparkles will give off a weird "sparkle" exposing the "cheapness" of the lipstick. 

I wouldn't say it is comparable to Chanel, because while it doesn't dry out your lips, similar to Chanel, it doesn't moisturize them either. Chanel's lipsticks moisturize your lips. It is also not buildable, but I am quite happy with this purchase, for the price point and quality, the ROI is extremely worth it.

Score: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin