Thursday, June 14, 2018

Nissan Chili Tomato Cup Noodle review

hey, my lovelies!


For those who follow me on Facebook, you would have been aware of my frequency in posting about cup noodles lately. In fact, I have started to find a liking a curiosity to cup noodles a few weeks ago, so I decided that you can benefit from hearing what I have to say about each one I try.

I will start of with one that I quite fancy called Chili Tomato. I haven’t seen this outside of Japan, so I’m not aware of the availability overseas, but in Japan, it was one of the original flavours that Nissan has created which made Cup Noodles so popular today. It still remains to be one of the best selling cup noodles in Japan. 

You can find these cup noodles in most supermarkets, grocery stores and convenient stores. 



I would first like to comment on its packaging, which is really simple yet eye-catching. Before even reading the text, I knew I already wanted to try it. It is very Japanese. Of all the cup noodle packaging designs, this is by far one of my favourites.

The name itself is already quite attractive, I felt my tastebuds tingling and aching to try when I was able to grasp what it says. First, tomatoes give me a sense of freshness and complemented the chicken pieces very well. Chili just means there is a bit of a twist making it more exciting.

Chili Tomato


  • bits of tomato flesh and corn
  • Chilli was quite right, not overwhelming yet enough to enhance the tomato's taste
  • chicken pieces, lots of that, and unlike most dried meat, the chicken pieces were tender and didn't have any hard dry pieces

Overall, I was quite impressed with this cup noodles. It was delicious! I highly recommend it!

score: 10/10 (compare to other cup noodles)
website: https://www.nissin.com/jp/products/items/8448

also... if you are interested, please check out my personal blog and follow me around Tokyo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin