Thursday, June 7, 2018

McDonald's たまごダブルマック burger review

McDonald's たまごダブルマック egg double burger with bacon

hey, my sweet cherries,

I will be reviewing McDonald's limited time burger. (I was told it is also currently available at McDonald's in Toronto, though I couldn't find it on the Canadian website.). In Japanese, it is called たまごダブルマック, which literally translates to Egg Double Mac.

McDonald's たまごダブルマック egg double burger with bacon
wrapping paper

what it is:

bacon, egg, and two beef patties with a special black pepper sauce


McDonald's たまごダブルマック egg double burger with bacon
the layers :)

my thoughts:

  • very tasty! 
  • all my favourite burger components in one (I wish there was cheese though... but I didn't miss it as much as I thought since the sauce was really flavourful).
  • loved the special black pepper sauce!!!
  • the black pepper sauce was not only there for the heat, I can't pinpoint what they used to make it taste so good, it was savoury and added such a nice creamy touch to the burger :) 
  • the bacon's smokey taste really wrapped the burger nicely
McDonald's たまごダブルマック egg double burger with bacon sauce
not an appealing picture

my take on what the sauce contains:

mayonnaise, salt, black pepper, sandwich spread... some secret ingredient... (my taste buds are confused XD)

the marriage between the smokey bacon and sauce is impeccable. A perfect match, in the beginning, I thought the smokiness was coming from the sauce, then I realized it was actually the bacon!

I love it! And that means a lot since I have been on a burger craze lately. If it is available in your area, I highly recommend you to try it! (I still can't stop thinking about the sauce :D)

score: 9/10
website: http://www.mcdonalds.co.jp/quality/basic_information/menu_info.php?mid=6700

also... if you are interested, please check out my personal blog and follow me around Tokyo :)

1 comment:

  1. I am eating it right now and love it!
    hope it will be part of their permanent menu!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin