Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The FaceShop Pomegranate and Collagen Face Lifting Essence review

K
The FaceShop Pomegrate and Collagen Face Lifting Essence review
product against container

I am in ASIA! Yes, I am avoiding the cold Canadian weather and am here... I couldn't help feeling sorry for those in Canada while I look at news stories and the highways are still lightly coated in snow. (I am evil).

Because of the lack of time management and disorganization skills I had, I was not able to pack everything... and guess what? I left my precious serums. But luckily, this means I get to try new ones. 

I went to colourmix and one of the sales associates recommended me to try this Pomegranate and Collagen Face Lifting Essence (keep in mind that most Asian skincare companies refer to their serums as essences).

This serum claims that it is:
An anti-aging skin care that increases the skins resilience through the interaction of pomegranate estrogen and marine collagen

And Effects: Brightening and firming skin


serum

Impressions
  • Feels very thick
  • A moisturizer?
  • Light Pomegranate scent
  • Feel the slight firming effect
  • No brightening effect

There is a light lotion mixed with pomegranate smell that gives you a relaxing feeling... like you are at a spa when you inhale this serum

After using this serum for 4 days I started noticing the firming effect... it doesn't make your skin absolutely firm... but just enough for you to notice... and there is more "bounce" to your skin.

One thing I didn't really like about this serum... (and depending on your preference you might or might not like it) is that it felt like a moisturizer to me... my skin did not absorb it as well as other serums... and it took me a lot of time rubbing this essence into my face before it could fully absorb this thick product and I could move on to applying moisturizer.

I have tried just using this serum... as a serum/moisturizer but it simply does not fulfill what a moisturizer can do (SO REMEMBER TO APPLY MOISTURIZER AFTER!!!)

2 comments:

  1. The packaging looks really nice though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha... me too... I actually bought it because of the packaging too (*^^*)

      Delete

LinkWithin