Thursday, June 18, 2015

椰汁大王 King of Coconut - Coconut drink review


椰汁大王 King of Coconut - Coconut drink review
the one with the yellow sign



The Chinese name is : 椰汁大王

Address: G/F, Hang Shing Building, 42-44 Kwelin Street, Sham Shui Po
深水埗桂林街42-44號恆誠大廈地下

椰汁大王 King of Coconut - Coconut drink review
how the shop looks

Their sign reads: uses real ingredients and freshness is guaranteed! Look at all the cans of Black and White evaporated milk on the side.

There is always a long line, so if you are in the area and aren't sure which shop, look for the shop with the long line... 

椰汁大王 King of Coconut - Coconut drink review
King of Coconut Signature Coconut drink $16 HKD 
Price: $16 HKD (approx. $2.00 USD)
Impressions
  • Extremely filling
  • Tasty
  • Used lots of coconut to make
I love this drink... the way they blend this drink together makes it very silky and tasty. It is not overly sweet, just right. Keep in mind that it can be quite filling...

So maybe you are probably wondering, how do you know that they used a lot of coconut? 2 ways: 1. I see them prepare the drink 2. I have tried to make this myself and in order to get a similar taste, I had to use 2+ coconuts to make one cup... This stuff is real! Even if you can make it at home... you should get it from this place... they make it extremely tasty and they use fresh ingredients!

How I think they made it and what I did to make it taste like that:
  • a bowl of coconut meat
  • Black & White evaporated milk (黑白淡奶) 
  • small amount of syrup or sugared water


score: 10/10
website: no website
Address: G/F, Hang Shing Building, 42-44 Kwelin Street, Sham Shui Po
深水埗桂林街42-44號恆誠大廈地下

2 comments:

  1. Since I won't be visiting HK anytime soon, I shall try your recipe :DD

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin