Tuesday, April 14, 2015

McDonald's cheesy potato balls review

Hong Kong McDonald's cheesy potato balls review
Cheesy Potato Balls $16 HKD
Firstly... Apologies!!! I am sorry... I was planning to upload this post at a much earlier date... But I got extremely sick last week... And all my scheduling got messed up... Hope you understand :(


Prior to ordering these... I was fascinated... My expectations based on their promotion material is that these are cheese balls with a potato shell... However... I was WRONG!!! Totally wrong... These are none other than hash brown balls and you need to manually put the cheese sauce on top. The problem is... While the hash brown/potato balls are extremely hot! The cheese sauce does not melt... At all! Frustration!

Hong Kong McDonald's cheesy potato balls review
close up with the cheesy Potato Balls... see how the cheese does not melt at all

Impressions
  • Very hot (be careful)
  • cheddar cheese sauce
  • Cheese sauce adds a nice touch
  • they charged an extra $3 HKD ($0.40 USD) for the cheese sauce
  • Cheese sauce is necessary to balance the flavour
  • a bit pricey... ($16 HKD = $2.50 USD for only 5 "Cheesy" Potato Balls...)

I would suggest that they put the cheese into the balls... since they are called Cheesy Potato Balls... and not charge us extra for the cheese sauce...

I liked these cheesy potato balls... but I felt they were a bit too pricey... I also wished they would put the cheese into the potato balls or change the name.

Score: 6.5/10 


2 comments:

LinkWithin