Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Meiji Almond Chocolates review


Meiji Almond Chocolate package (please excuse the background)
For those who have been following my blog for a while, you might have noticed what a huge Meiji fan I am... I found these at a local grocery store and decided to try them out... I find there is something magical about almonds and chocolate... they always go together so well!

Impressions
  • Chocolate is dry
  • Hint of coffee
  • Almond tasted quite good



nutrition information and ingredients
I was quite happy that there wasn't too much chemicals...

how the packaging looks
There isn't a lot... but considering these were $1.50/pack... it is... "ok"

sorry for the blurriness of this picture
I had high expectations for this product... unfortunately, I have to say I was a bit disappointed... 

1. I didn't really like the coffee taste...  I normally like coffee... but adding coffee to this chocolate made everything taste weird... the coffee taste didn't even blend well with the almond.
2. The chocolate was extremely dry... nearly powder-ish.... even the warmth of my mouth couldn't properly melt it... it was simply too dry...

Thankfully, the almonds were fresh...  I don't think I would be purchasing these again...

score: 5/10
website: http://catalog-p.meiji.co.jp/products/sweets/chocolate/010102/20168.html

3 comments:

  1. I have never liked Japanese chocolate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some are good... it's just that this one doesn't happen to be one of them :(

      Delete
    2. You haven't tried Royce Mama chocolates, have you? They're the best.

      Delete

LinkWithin