Thursday, January 15, 2015

Fish soup Supreme (一品魚湯) at Silver Star review

Fish soup Supreme (一品魚湯) at Silver Star review
partial special menu
The Chinese name is  一品魚湯. This place is located at the south end of the plaza.

It has been years since I have been to this place... their special is their noodles in fish soup. I got that a few years ago but I felt it was slightly pricey... this time, I was forced to come here... but to my surprise... I was quite impress with the quality and quantity... they have significantly improved.

As their name is "Fish Soup Supreme" you would already have known that their speciality is making fish soup... my friend always comes to this place... so once, she decided to get their chicken broth (don't do it) instead of their fish soup/broth and it tasted like soup made from Knorr Chicken Stock... so please just stick with their fish soup.

Service:
Like most Asian places in Toronto, there is hardly any service... I would say service at this place is neither good or bad... very average.

Atmosphere:
The atmosphere is very casual... most customers are very quiet and well mannered.


Fish soup Supreme (一品魚湯) at Silver Star review
#406 Rice in Soup with fish fillets, pork liver & century egg $6.95
#406: Rice in Soup with Fish Fillets, Pork Liver & Century Egg $6.95

I always like fish soup... so I was eager to get this... my friends suggested I get food from their special menu since their normal menu portions are quite big.

When my rice in soup order came... I was shocked... it was a huge bowl. I gave my friend "the eye". He was equally as shocked... and thought I ordered from their normal menu... (I highly recommend this menu item).

Impressions:
  • big quantity
  • loaded with fresh ingredients
  • pork liver was very well made
  • soup was delicious
I was absolutely impressed! Everything about it was great... the fish soup was fresh and extremely creamy. The pork liver was very well made... despite it sitting in the soup, the chef was able to cook it to a perfection... (I wish there was more pork liver though...). The combination of ingredients were perfectly paired with the soup. Because the quantity was so huge... I ended up not finishing this and took half of it home.

Verdict:
After this experience, I would definitely be going back to this place again... I really like their fish soup and I am looking forward to finding more jewels here...

Score: 8.5/10
website: no website
Address: 633 Silver Star Boulevard #125, Scarborough, ON M1V 5N1

2 comments:

  1. I find that this place is overpriced... But the rice in soup sounds good! Thanks for the review! -K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah... I think their noodles/pick-and-choose-what-you-want selection overpriced... but this rice soup bargain is definitely a bargain :)

      Delete

LinkWithin