Tuesday, August 12, 2014

St. Ives fresh Skin Apricot Scrub exfoliant review


St. Ives Apricot Scrub


I have been using St. Ives' Apricot Scrub for over 10 years now, so I can confidently recommend this product to you! It uses walnut shell powder to exfoliate and it does wonders to your skin.

this is what the product looks like
The Tagline is: Exfoliates toreveal smooth, radiant skin.

It also advertises as non-irrirating, dermatologist tested and uses 100% Natural Extracts

Product Benefits (according to St. Ives)
  • 100% Naturally Derived Exfoliants 
  • No Sulfate Cleansers 
  • Paraben Free 
  • Oil Free 
  • Dermatologist Tested 
  • Hypoallergenic

Impressions:
  • Smells really nice and natural
  • Made of natural ingredients
  • Very creamy
  • Perfectly exfoliate dead skin cells

Directions: 
  1. Moisten face with water
  2. Dispense product onto fingertips and massage over face
  3. Rinse with water
  4. Avoid direct contact with eyes*


*in case of contact with eyes, flush thoroughly with water.

INGREDIENTS:

AQUA, JUGLANS REGIA (WALNUT) SHELL POWDER, GLYCERYL STEARATE, GLYCERIN, SODIUM LAURYL SULFOACETATE, ZEA MAYS (CORN) KERNEL MEAL, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, PEG-100 STEARATE, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, CETYL ACETATE, POLYSORBATE 60, CETEARETH-20, ACETYLATED LANOLIN ALCOHOL, CARBOMER, PPG-2 METHYL ETHER, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL, TRIETHANOLAMINE, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, PARFUM, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891).

Where to buy
Honestly, I have been to drug stores in different parts of the world and have found them, this product is affordable (CAD $7; USD $5-6; HKD $45)

This is my always-go-to product because it works, it gently exfoliates all dead skin cells from my face leaving is nice and smooth (remember to apply moisturizer, serum on after though). This product is one of the best, I have sensitive skin and had absolutely no problem using it ever and to put things into perspective, I have tried the $50 Mary Kay exfoliating products and they do not work as well as this one. To date, I have not found another product I can use other than this one (for exfoliating). 

Score: 10/10

4 comments:

  1. I use the exact same exfoliate cream! I LOVE this stuff. It exfoliates my skin really well. I bought it a few years back too when it was on sale at shoppers and loved it since then. It makes my skin feel so smooth and soft after I use it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh really!? cool! :) I'm so glad you like it too! ;)

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of St. Ives, thanks so much for introducing it to me :)

    - Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMIGOSH!! it's about time someone gave this scrub some acknowledgement!!!

    - Betty

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin