Tuesday, July 29, 2014

KFC's Waffle Fries Review

I noticed that I have written a lot of "skin care" and "beauty product" reviews lately, so here is finally a food/snack review for you!

KFC's Small Waffle Fries
I was acquainted to waffle fries when Triple O's first introduced them and I liked them. they are much tastier than "normal" fries :)... I have been seeing KFC's ads about these Waffle fries all over, so I was determined to try them... to be honest, I haven't had KFC for more than 10 years... (that was after they raised their Toonie Tuesday prices and I was introduced to Popeyes and Chick' en Joy).


There are 2 sizes: 
Small = $2.60
Medium = $6.00

Medium's serving size is a standard KFC meal box (and that is WAY too much)... so I just got the small one instead.
including tax: $2.60!

Impressions
  • Slightly over fried
  • Savoury
  • Dry
  • Crispy

I can't say I am impressed nor disappointed... the price was quite fair for the quantity, however, quality-wise, it was slightly lower than my expectations. They were made to order, so they were fresh, crispy and hot. But I found them to be slightly over fried, they were almost to the point of being burnt (notice I said ALMOST). I always loved savoury foods, but I found these to be overly salted. 

I would probably give these another try, while hoping they will improve the seasoning and alter the "frying" duration.

score: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin