Tuesday, May 27, 2014

McDonald's Potato Wedge fries review

McDonald's Potato Wedge fries review
Wedge fries with Cajun Aioli Sauce
(update: if you are in HK you can get them too, they are called 脆薯皇, read about it here)

So, after shopping at Walmart yesterday, I went into McDonald's for a quick snack... I noticed there were ads about Potato Wedges... I didn't recall seeing these any where else... so I decided to buy some...

These are the best Potato Wedges I have ever had... they are perfect... I have tried many restaurants/fast food places/etc and none of them were good... bur these are REALLY good!!

When I got home to write this review (grin), I noticed that this item was not on McDonald's Canadian website, I think these potato wedges are an experiment... if you would like to try them, please go to the Walmart at Morningside Road and Milner. (I'm not sure where else these are available). If McDonald's read this... Please make this a regular menu item!!

(Edit: according to my friend, it is also available at the Bamburgh Circle location)

McDonald's Potato Wedge fries review
seriously a good deal! it was only $2.60!  

There are 2 sizes available: Medium and Large, I got Medium.

Impressions:
  • really well seasoned
  • amazing dipping sauce
  • very fresh
  • slightly oily
  • totally worth the price

McDonald's Potato Wedge fries review
big wedges
The Potato Wedges were crispy on the outside and soft and creamy on the inside, it was very tasty. The Cajun Aioli Sauce was a perfect match for it, the sauce was slightly spicy and it added a perfect touch the already nicely seasoned wedges.

McDonald's Potato Wedge fries review
the bag we used to place the fries... it is not as greasy as we thought...
Although the wedges were not as oily as we expected, we still think it was still considered a bit oily...

The price is perfect, if you get a combo meal, you only need to pay an extra $0.30 to upgrade your fries to these potato wedges.

I really hope McDonald's consider making these Potato Wedges as a regular menu item because I will be missing these if they don't!!

score: 9.5/10 (lost 0.5 because of the slight oiliness)

2 comments:

  1. I tried it... The quality is better than most restaurants...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true! these are really good :) I'm so impressed!!!

      Delete

LinkWithin