Thursday, May 8, 2014

M & M Poutine review

M & M Poutine review
M&M's Poutine

Canadian Pride! Poutine is one of the very meal/snack (whichever you prefer to call it) that makes us proud of Canadian cuisine! 

As you would expect a recipe containing Fries, Gravy and Cheese Curds, it would not be very healthy.


M & M Poutine review
nutrition information

29 grams of Fat per tray!!! Be careful what you eat!

impressions:
  • very dry, tastes like prefrozen fries
  • needs more gravy
  • sauce not evenly spread
  • does not taste like poutine
  • easy to make (you just need a microwave)

M & M Poutine review
instructions

2 1/2 - 3 minutes in the microwave, not recommended to be cooked/heated with a Oven.
M & M Poutine review
ingredients

ingredients, that does not look very healthy
M & M Poutine review
how it looks, remember to remove the film
This is how it looks once you take it out of the box. Remember to remove the film from the container before microwaving this.

M & M Poutine review
cooked, straight out of the microwave

This is how it looks once it is cooked... I don't even want to show you what the picture looks like on its official website, you will be very disappointed.

M & M Poutine review
my attempt to transfering and evening out the gravy and  melted cheese

This was my attempt spread the gravy and melted cheese (I don't think these were cheese curds). You can see how I have totally failed in trying to "mix" everything up

M & M Poutine review
half finished poutine

This is how the bottom of the tray looked... you can see why I tried to mix the gravy and cheese curds better...

I have always loved M&M Meat Shop's food, quality is good... but for this Poutine, I am very disappointed.

rating: 6.5/10

4 comments:

  1. 530 calories...that's pretty high! LOL. Mmmm...you make me want to eat some poutines now. I'm hungry!

    P.S. I spot a chatime drink in one of the pics. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe oops... caught!! XD (I love Chatime drinks :D)

      I think there's a poutine craze in Toronto... I see poutine everywhere... so unhealthy but so tempting >:O

      Delete
  2. It was terrible! I was so looking forward to having this as a treat, and it was such a poor excuse for poutine. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agree with you... and all those calories >___< for those calories it should at least taste good! DX

      Delete

LinkWithin